Having a good bag can either make or break your experience regardless if it is a survival situation or just simply camping. It’s not about how good does it look or how big it is but rather does it fit you? Does it fit the situation? Is it something that you can wear comfortably? The Condor 3 Day Assault Pack is a pack that is well known in the prepper world. This Condor 3 Day Assault Pack Review will be talking about my experience with pack.
As a prepper you should be testing and optimizing your gear. You shouldn’t just be collecting gear and never use it until an emergency. By then it can be too late to get out any kinks or find out if a particular piece of gear needs to be replaced.
Now you don’t necessarily have to be a prepper to purchase the Condor 3 Day Assault Pack. You can be a camper or someone that collects and uses tactical gear. So this review is for everyone who may be considering buying the pack.
Condor 3 Day Assault Pack Review
Condor Outdoor is a U.S. based company that focuses primarily on outdoor gear especially when it comes to tactical gear. The Condor 3 Day Assault Pack is their signature product that has given them much recognition. On their website they state “Our quality and price of the 3 Day Assault Pack drew so much attention that it became the heart of our tactical product line.”
- The pack provides molle webbing so that you can attach other equipment or smaller packs unto it.
- There is a drag handle on the side of pack. This can be helpful if you need to move quickly.
- Separate pocket to fit up to two 3L hydration bladders to keep you hydrated on the go.
- Contour shoulder straps keep you comfortable while carrying the load. This way nothing is rubbing on your shoulders while on the move. The strong stitching reinforces the durability of the material.
- There is a sternum strap and waist belt which helps keep the pack close to your body as you are moving. This is also transfers the weight from your shoulders.
- Individual foam pad back panel for extra comfort on your back.
- 7 compartments (2 side compartments) to help keep your gear organized that you way you can access it quickly without digging around.
- 2 radio pockets if you need to keep in communication with your group.
- 1 pocket for map and documents
- Water resistant material to keep your gear dry along with grommets in the bottom for draining.
- There is a top pocket on the outside of the pack where you can place gear that you need to get to quickly and will be using frequently.
- As an added bonus there is Velcro on the outside that you can use for identification or morale patches.
The Condor 3 Day Assault Pack can be found on many online outdoor and tactical gear stores. However, I would recommend buying through Amazon where they are reliable with shipping and the pack is insured. Unfortunately Condor Outdoor does not sell directly to the public on their website but rather wholesale.
The Condor 3 Day Assault Pack ranges anywhere from $64 to $200 which is really dependent on the size and the color of the pack. My pack was received within a week after my purchase through Amazon. The packing was perfect as it comes directly from an Amazon warehouse.
This bag is really meant for someone that is either tactically minded or needs a lot of pockets for organization. This isn’t necessarily for an ultra-lite packer as it weighs 2.5 pounds. It does feel heavier than that.
This also isn’t for someone that is looking to pack everything and their kitchen sink in this pack. You really have to be selective and identify what you really need. By no means is this pack small. It my opinion it is the perfect median between a light packer and someone who packs everything.
- Many pockets to help with organization and quick access
- Water resistant
- Quality build material and strong stitching
- Contour shoulder straps for comfortable load
- Sternum strap and waist belt to keep pack close to body to help remove weight off of shoulders
- Can attach gear and other packs on molle webbing for quick access
- Small outside pocket for quick access to important gear
- I wish they had YKK zippers to make zipping smoother and quicker
- No true water bottle holder on the outside
- Feels heavier than the advertised 2.5 pounds but haven’t weighed it.
Initially when I was searching for a good bag that I could use as a bug out bag I came across many options as there are thousands of bags on the market. However, I wanted something that was reliable and durable. So I looked for bags that had great reviews on Amazon and other websites which helped me narrow down my options to the Condor 3 Day Assault Pack.
I wanted something that was big but not too heavy with many pockets. I am a minimalists and love pockets to organize things with. This is especially important as a prepper or someone that maybe using the pack for tactical training. You want to be able to know where you have packed a particular item and be able to grab it quickly.
When I first unpacked the box I was kind of skeptical because it felt heavier than the advertised 2.5 pounds. After packing the bag out with my bug out gear the pack ended up being 35 pounds. This began to worry me because I figured that this would be an uncomfortable load.
A few weeks later I went on a mock bug out and was thoroughly surprised. After throwing the pack on and strapping up I wasn’t able to feel most of the weight on my bag. The weight was being transferred to my legs. This is what you want to happen when you are lifting or carrying anything.
During my trip I was able to walk 3 miles comfortably through the woods. When I had to climb over things like fallen trees I didn’t have to adjust my pack. It didn’t weigh me down or cause me to lose my footing.
I also thoroughly enjoyed the fact that I was able to access items quickly when I needed it. For example I placed my head lamp and watch cap on the outside pocket. This was helpful when it started getting darker and colder as I was able to quickly grab those items instead of digging into pack.
Overall I would highly recommend the Condor 3 Day Assault Pack as I have thoroughly enjoyed it. There are a few cons but I think all the mentioned benefits outweigh them. You will never find the perfect bag.
Yes you might find cheaper bags on the market than the Condor 3 Day Assault Pack but you will lose some quality and comfort with it. There may be bigger packs on the market but this pack isn’t really meant to fit everything into. It is for 3 days. If you have any questions about this pack feel free to either leave me a comment below or reach out to me via email. I would love to help you with any questions that you may have. Feel free to comment below if you have any suggestions that you would add to the Condor 3 Day Assault Pack Review.