In this review I will be talking about my Spyderco byrd Cara Cara2 Black FRN folding pocket knife. If you have seen my recent post where I showed my EDC pocket dump then you will remember that I quickly displayed the knife. In this post I want to give a more in depth review.
Many of you that are familiar with knives are probably familiar with the Spyderco brand. They are a really reliable company based in Golden, Colorado that have produced many high quality knives especially pocket knives. This knife is their second version of the Spyderco byrd Cara Cara.
Spyderco byrd Cara Cara2
The Cara Cara is a small, lightweight pocket knife that easily clips unto your pants or even your EDC bag. With being extremely lightweight it’s easy to forget that you even have a knife clipped on. The noticeable thumb hole makes it easy to flick out quickly and the FRN grip handle makes it comfortable to grip in your hand.
Who is it for?
This pocket knife is for anyone that is looking for a light simple tool to add along to their EDC gear. There aren’t any flashy additions but it serves it’s intended purpose of cutting. It can also be used for a small self-defense weapon if needed.
– Made using the highest quality materials
– Tested for quality and durability
– The most trusted name in you cutlery needs
– Compact, lightweight folding knife has been reengineered to include full flat-ground blade for enhanced edge geometry and cutting precision
– Proprietary Bi-Directional Textured FRN handle for improved grip and control; phosphor bronze pivot washers for smooth blade operation
– Spine and choil jimping, four-position clip, skeletonized nested handle liners, and screw-together construction
– 8.5-inch open length and 4.75-inch closed length; 3.75-inch 8Cr13MoV steel blade with 3.2-inch cutting edge, 0.47-inch hole, and 0.125-inch thickness; – 5.6-ounce weight
– Includes limited manufacturer’s warranty; details included with purchase
- Smooth action
- Tight lock
- Comfortable grip
- Sometimes it only flicks out ¾ of the way out
I absolutely love this knife. Being that I am not in need of a heavy duty knife the Spyderco byrd Cara Cara 2 serves it purpose. Also, I am a minimalist and don’t like to have a ton of things in the pockets or attached to me. However, this knife never distracts me. As I mentioned before, I often forget that it is even attached to me because it is so lightweight. So if you are looking for a light, sharp and small knife to add to your EDC then I would highly recommend the Cara Cara 2.